To set up weight based shipping, first decide how much you want to charge for each weight range. Then follow the steps below.
- In your Shopify account, go to Settings > Shipping
- Click on Manage Rates for the first Printbest™ shipping profile (you will repeat this later for the second one).
- Select your shipping zone.
- Under Weight based rates, click Add rate.
- Fill in the details based on your weight range and click Save.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each weight range.
- Repeat steps 2 to 6 for the next Printbest™ shipping profiles
- Click Save on your Shipping and delivery page.
To set up weight based shipping, you will need to install the WooCommerce Weight Based Shipping plugin (the free version will work for this).
- In your WordPress dashboard, go to Plugins > Add New
- Search for “WooCommerce Weight Based Shipping.”
- Click Install Now and then Activate.
Decide how much you want to charge for each weight range. Then follow the steps below.
- In your WordPress dashboard menu, go to WooCommerce > Settings
- Click on the Shipping tab at the top.
- Click Weight Based Shipping.
- Click Add Shipping Rules and then Add New.
- Fill in the details based on your weight range and what you’d like to charge.
- Click Close and then Save Changes.
To set up weight based shipping, you will first need to set up a shipping profile with calculated shipping.
- Go to your Shop Manager in Etsy.
- Click Settings > Shipping Settings
- Click Add a Shipping Profile.
- Select Calculate Them For Me.
- Enter the origin zip/postal code where you’ll ship your orders from. Shipping rates will be calculated based on this location.
- Select a processing time.
- Confirm where you’d like to ship.
- Confirm which shipping services you’d like to offer.
- Choose if you’d like to offer free shipping.
- Choose if you’d like to add an optional handling fee.
- Name the shipping profile.
- Click Create Profile.
Next you will need to add size and weight information for your listings.
- In your Shop Manager, click Listings.
- Click Quick Edit.
- In the listings where you want to use calculated shipping, enter the weight of the item next to Item Weight.
- Enter the size of the item after it’s been prepared for packaging but not yet packaged (for example: folded, but not boxed) next to Item Size (when packed).
- Click Exit Quick Edit.
Finally, you will need to apply the calculated shipping profile to your listings.
- Click the checkbox on the listings you want to add this shipping profile to.
- Click Editing Options.
- Click Change Shipping Profiles.
- Select your shipping profile.
- Click Apply.
- When you’re ready, click Publish.